Do you aspire to raise the bar in animal care and customer service with each interaction you have with clients? Do you have an unwavering commitment to learn and grow your skills? Great! This may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Animal Care Clinic is located in the small college town of Oxford, Ohio. Although we are known for being the home of Miami University, Rise Up Red Hawks, we have so much more to offer! Our historic Uptown district is home to several locally owned and operated businesses. The town itself is surrounded by miles of generational farms, which is why we are very proud of our award-winning farmer’s market! We have miles and miles of hiking trails and are about 15 minutes from Hueston Woods State Park. Looking for a night out? Take a quick drive to Cincinnati or Dayton and experience the city nightlife!
At Animal Care Clinic, it is our mission to provide the highest quality of veterinary patient care while delivering compassionate client service too. Our doctors have a dedicated nurse and exceptional support staff to ensure their time is well-spent with our clients in the exam room. Most callbacks can be delegated to a knowledgable staff member. We believe in being active members of our community and conduct outreach on a regular basis. We mean it when we say we value work-life balance, which is why we are committed to a 1 hour lunch and ending the workday by 6 pm. After hour calls are heavily filtered and optional. As a team, we have an emphasis on continuing education, teamwork, and collaboration. If our culture resonates with you, join our team today!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build and maintain current and prospective client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of small animal cases with opportunity for mentorship
- Perform routine, elective, and emergency surgeries with opportunity for mentorship
- Ensure quality care and environment for both staff and clients
- Maintain a high level of client communication and patient care
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
- Maintain a positive work environment and promote teamwork
- Developing a ‘focus’ is encouraged ie; exotics,
- A doctorate in veterinary medicine from an accredited program is required
- Licensure or ability to be licensed in the state of Ohio
- Be able to work a rotating schedule with alternating Saturday shifts
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for building relationships with clients
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for patient care and client service
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives
- Strong commitment to ethics and integrity
What’s In It For You
- Base salary PLUS commission
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Paid CE days
- AVMA dues
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- DEA licensing
- CSA licensing
- Simple IRA plan with match up to 3%
- Health insurance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.