Registered Veterinary Technician
Do you pride yourself on your work ethic and ability to build relationships with clients and your team? Are you passionate about serving your community by contributing to the excellent care provided to the local pets? Great! We may have the perfect opportunity for you.
Animal Care Clinic is located in the small college town of Oxford, Ohio. Although we are known for being the home of Miami University, Rise Up RedHawks, we have so much more to offer! Our historic Uptown district is home to several locally owned and operated businesses. The town itself is surrounded by miles of generational farms, which is why we are very proud of our award-winning farmer’s market! We have miles and miles of hiking trails and are about 15 minutes from Hueston Woods State Park. Looking for a night out? Take a quick drive to Cincinnati or Dayton and experience the city nightlife!
At Animal Care Clinic, it is our mission to provide the highest quality of veterinary patient care while delivering compassionate client service too. Our doctors have a dedicated nurse and exceptional support staff to ensure their time is well-spent with our clients. We believe in being active members of our community and conduct outreach on a regular basis. We mean it when we say we value work-life balance, which is why we are committed to ending the workday by 6 pm. As a team, we have an emphasis on continuing education, teamwork, and collaboration. If our culture resonates with you, join our team today!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Excellent communication and relationships with clients
- Self motivating
- Primary job functions include surgical prep, anesthesia monitoring, digital x-rays, digital dental x-rays, venipuncture, IV catheter placement, ultrasounds, and preparing lab specimens
- maintaining lab equipment and cleaning/autoclav surgical equipment
- Answering phones and performing light reseption duties on occasion
- keeping the facility and equipment clean and tidy
- Assist veterinarians in exam rooms and animal restraints once COVID protocol is lifted
- Getting and maintaining patient information
- Be a Registered Veterinary Technician in the state of Ohio
- Be able to work a rotating schedule with alternating Saturday shifts
- Experience working with animals required
- Experience with catheters, blood draws, anesthesia, digital radiography, dental radiography, ultrasound, and surgery
- Demonstrated passion for patient care and client service
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives
- Strong commitment to ethics and integrity
What’s In It For You
- Competitive hourly wages
- Paid time off
- Paid CE days
- Simple IRA plan with match
- 50% tuition reimbursement to complete vet tech degree
- Health insurance – 45% of coverage
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.